Designated as the TransFold™ fold back system, the unique design provides a transport envelope that is narrower than most wheeled 4WD tractors. The TransFold™ system is controlled by the operator through the X35 Apollo system. Watch the TransFold™ engineering unfold in the following video:
The narrow transport profile greatly improves road safety and reduces stress, especially when meeting traffic on narrow roadways. In addition, the transport height is only 16'6", so farmers typically will not be in danger of overhead obstacles such as power lines.
The 14 wheels positioned under the drill during transport spreads the load of this large drill, reducing the chance of "losing it" on a soft shoulder. The back four sets of 3420 transport wheels can be steered by the operator via the X35 to successfully navigate the drill and tank around intersections and through approaches.
Another feature of the 3420 PHD is its ability to contour in undulating conditions. The rear walking wheels are actually positioned between the second and third rows, shortening the effective contour depth. Contouring is further enhanced by the six-plex frame construction. Whereas the main frame of a traditional drill is solid, the 3420 incorporates an additional hinge about the center, which is supported with a pair of high flotation wheels. Despite the incredible width, the 3420 will easily follow the dips and draws that are present in many fields.
The 100' 3420 employs twenty-two wheels, and the 80' sixteen wheels to carry the 3420 through challenging conditions. The six large caster wheels at the front ensure this immense drill keeps working even in challenging conditions.
A unique approach to maximize flotation is the TreadLite™ system, comprised of two independent rear wheels that fold down in field position. The TreadLite™ system contours independently of the rest of the frame, providing a consistent down pressure regardless of the drill's position. This down pressure is factory set, based on drill configuration, to ensure optimal load balance between the front, in-frame, and TreadLite™ wheels.
Along with the unique features listed above, the 3420 Paralink Hoe Drill maintains the proven engineering and convenience of the 3320 Paralink Hoe Drill. PHD Seed Opener Assembly
- The 3420 features this innovative parallel link seed opener assembly.XTC Seed Opener Assembly
- The 3420 is available with the XTC opener, a unique design which includes a tighter opener-to-packer distance and one-to-one contour ratio.
You Have Choice
- Choose between a number of seed openers and packer wheel options to achieve the best seeding results for your operation.
In-Cab Packer Pressure Control
- Manual packing adjustment is controlled through the X35 Apollo controller system.
- The optional Packmaster™ system provides the feature of achieving a consistent packing force across variable soils. Liftmaster™ is a standard feature providing farmers the convenience of automatic opener lifting at the headlands.
Dependable Seeding Consistency
- The 3420 QDA will provide good results in a wide range of seeding conditions.
Precision Seed Placement
- Precision Farmers the ability to achieve consistent seed placement, even in undulating land with the 3420 XTC.
Superior Field Finish
- By utilizing a narrow edge-on shank, the seed-only openers displace a minimal amount of soil.
Effective Vertical Penetration Force
- Expect excellent soil penetration force when required.
Optimal Fertilizer Placement
- The 3420 Paralink Hoe Drill is available with hydraulically actuated MRB®
III nitrogen fertilizer applicators to provide optimal location and minimal risk in a one-pass seeding system.