Bourgault has a variety of fan options to match your drill width, target application rates and tractor capacity.
- The High-Speed Fan is equipped with a 12 cc hydraulic motor which provides up to 6000 rpm rotor speeds to boost application rates. This fan is also available for the third product line in a TriMax™ Triple-Shoot configuration.
- The High-Capacity Fan has a wider fan and 16 cc hydraulic motor and is recommended for 60' and wider seeding implements and/or high rate applications.
- The High-Pressure Fan is recommended for the 3420 PHD™, the 3320SE-86 PHD™ (on 10" and 12" spacing) and the 3720-70 PCD™ (on 10" spacing). The High-Pressure Fan is equipped with a redesigned rotor and equipped with a 19 cc hydraulic motor.
- The Standard Fan is capable of reaching 5,000 rpm and is available only with the third product line in a TriMax™ Triple-Shoot configuration.
For more details on the capacity and hydraulic requirements for each of these options, refer to the Fan Specifications.
The Fan Shield
Certain conditions cause material kicked up by the air cart tire to collect on the fan intake. Fan Shields help reduce the build-up of chaff on the fan screens.
The Spinning Fan Screen Option
On occasion, wind and straw conditions are such that straw can build-up on the intake screen of the air cart fan(s). This build-up can cause reduced fan performance which may lead to plugging of the air kit. The Spinning Fan Screen option reduces straw build-up in windy or loose residue conditions.
- available for Standard, High-Speed, or High-Capacity Fans; and,
- standard for High-Pressure Fans.
Aftermarket kits are available from Bourgault Parts through your local Bourgault Dealer.