Simplify the Job of Seeding
LiftMaster™ provides automatic lifting and lowering of the openers at the field headlands, eliminating this tedious task.
LiftMaster™ automatic opener lifting feature is:
- Standard on ParaLink Coulter Drills™;
- Optional on Frame Mounted Seeders™.
GaugeMaster™ automatic seed depth retention feature is:
- Optional on 3820 ParaLink Coulter Drills™;
- Optional on CD Frame Mounted Seeders™.
All seeding systems must be equipped with the X35 Apollo System to support these features.
Gain Consistency in Variable Conditions
The GaugeMaster™ incorporates a load sensor to monitor the down force on the PLR cleaner wheel, and adjust system pressure to maintain a consistent seed depth. Even seeding depth is maintained in variable fields without manual adjustments.
Note: The GaugeMaster™ option is strongly recommended if seeding into highly variable soil conditions.
Gauge Wheel Downforce Sensor
A single gauge wheel is monitored by the X35 Apollo System to ensure a set downforce is maintained. If this downforce changes during operation, the X35 will receive a signal to adjust the hydraulic pressure so that the set downforce is restored.
- A load sensor in the gauge wheel spindle is included on a strategically located PLR opener on the implement. The Operator must first adjust the hydraulic control to the set the desired downforce of the cleaner/gauge wheel to the soil surface.
- During operation the system will automatically adjust the hydraulic force to maintain the set force, thus achieving a consistent seed depth through the entire seeding job.
- If the load sensor is not selected, pressure guidelines are provided and manually set.
The final result - the opener position relative to the soil surface remains consistent, delivering accurate seeding depth in variable soil conditions.